Vacancy for SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER, STRATEGIC INFORMATION AND MONITORING AND EVALUATION – LINKAGES
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Technical Officer for Strategic Information and Monitoring and Evaluation, based in Jakarta, Indonesia for the USAID-funded project, Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES), under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) program.
SENIOR TECHNICAL OFFICER, STRATEGIC INFORMATION AND MONITORING AND EVALUATION (Req. Number 15980)
LINKAGES is implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Pact, IntraHealth and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and conducts a range of activities to reduce HIV transmission among key populations (KP) — sex workers, men who have sex with men, transgender persons and people who inject drugs — and improve their enrollment and retention in care and treatment across the HIV cascade.
LINKAGES works to accelerate the ability of governments, key population leaders, organizations working with key populations, and private-sector providers to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission among key populations and their sexual partners and extend the lives of those already living with HIV. The key elements of the FHI 360-led team’s strategic and technical approach are:
- Identifying key populations and locales and comprehensively assessing risk,
- Diagnosing “leaks” and revealing access barriers within the HIV services cascade,
- Scaling up “what works” while innovating to ensure the most strategic use of resources and access to newly emerging technologies,
- Addressing structural barriers and transforming local KP organizations,
- Ensuring interventions are sustainable over the long term, and
- Supporting the mainstreaming of human rights, gender and competency and capacity development.
The LINKAGES project in Indonesia will work to build the technical capacity of partners to implement a set of interventions that increase the uptake of key HIV prevention, testing, care, and treatment services among KPs. This will be accomplished through training, mentoring, and the implementation of demonstration projects that document high-performing sites that can be replicated and scaled up across the country.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
The Sr. Technical officer for Strategic Information and M&E provides high quality state of the art technical assistance to key stakeholders in all aspects of strategic information including surveillance, research, monitoring and evaluation.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Direct and guide all M&E activities related to the performance of LINKAGES programs in Indonesia, including PMEP design; selection and measurement of appropriate indicators; development of appropriate M&E data collection and reporting forms and systems; data quality assurance processes; database maintenance; appropriate data analysis; and appropriate and timely dissemination of results.
2. Satisfy all requirements related to M&E and Strategic Information (SI) including reporting to project donors/sponsors and to FHI 360 headquarters (HQ)
3. Coordinate with the M&E officer and provide mentoring as required to ensure smooth and effective work flow
4. Work with Global Fund PRs to review and strengthen the reporting and recording system, with special emphasis on HIV cascade indicators
5. Liaise on SI issues and lead M&E, QA/QI, surveillance and data analysis and use related technical assistance support to National HIV/AIDS and TB Program partners, including the Ministry of Health (Kemkes), National AIDS Commission (NAC), other GFATM Principal Recipients, and others as determined by the LINKAGES program.
6. Lead technical assistance to sub-national partners, including Provincial and District Health Offices (Dinkes), AIDS Commissions (KPAD), health facilities and other partners as needed, in the design and implementation of provincial and city/district M&E systems and Information Systems.
7. Provide leadership on all research activities under the LINKAGES program, including design, collaboration with HQ, the FHI 360 Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) and , local partners; ensure internal and external IRB/PHSC approvals have been properly submitted and obtained
8. Consult with M&E staff in Papua and APRO on a regular basis and work directly with HQ M&E lead
9. Keep the country representative apprised of progress and prepare data presentations and summaries as required
10. Participate in the overall LINKAGES country program strategy development and planning and provide strategic information input to strategic planning processes of all partners as requested by the Country Representative
11. Undertake and present findings of mid-term review and end-of-program evaluations as appropriate.
12. Coordinate and lead external technical assistance in strategic information from FHI 360 APRO and/or HQ.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience in M&E positions with responsibility for designing and directing M&E activities of development projects.
- Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field.
- Proven success in leading M&E/SI team in design and implementation of M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to GOI/MOH in monitoring and database systems, including SIHA.
- Experience in planning and performance measurement for USAID PEPFAR-funded programs, including indicator selection, target setting, results reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge and experience in design and implementation of studies using various research and evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in providing senior-level guidance to donors and government officials in the technical aspects of planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, data quality assessments and oversight and managing and trouble-shooting field operations.
- Must be proficient in both written and spoken English and fluent in Bahasa Indonesian.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please apply online at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/
jobs/15980/senior-technical- officer%2c-strategic- information-and-m%26e/job or http://www.fhi360.org/careers to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions. Please note that this is a local position open to nationals of Indonesia only.