The British Council in Indonesia is recruiting for the post of Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
Senior Marketing and Communications Manager
1 (one) position, 1 year contract – renewable – Jakarta
Purpose of job:
This is a new senior post for an experienced, high-performing and dynamic marketing and communications professional to play a major role at the heart of the Indonesia operation helping the British Council to achieve its ambitious cultural relations and business goals.
Context and environment: (e.g. dept description, region description, organogram)
The British Council has a long-standing reputation in Indonesia as a well-respected cultural relations organisation, creating opportunities and building relationships between Indonesia and the UK in the areas of three main Strategic Business Units (SBU); Education and Society, Arts, and English. It operates from its large main office in Jakarta. We also work through our teaching centre in Medan, and our soon to be opened teaching centres in Jakarta and Surabaya which operate through the Yayasan Dewan Inggris Indonesia. British Council works with a wide range of public, private and not-for-profit sector partners.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
· Internal and external Marketing and Communications strategy
· Planning and evaluation
· Press and media relations
· Strategic communications, brand and editorial management
· Social media and Develop digital content offer
· Monitoring, Evaluation and Research
· Event Management
· Financial management
· Developing and leading the team
KEY RELATIONSHIPS :
Country Director, Director Operation, Director English Language Services, the Management Team, UK and regional Marketing and Communications and Brand colleagues. Teaching Centre and Exams marketing and sales leads, Global Information System Leads.
Key Indonesia and UK stakeholders and partners in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors. British Embassy. Journalists and editors (all media). Bloggers and influencers in social media. Key customer groups. Press and media. Media agencies.
Measures of success
· Internal stakeholders and senior managers in the region can clearly connect improved profile, business and impact results to the communications strategy and work of post holder
Other Important Features Or Requirements Of The Job
· The nature of communications work means the post holder must be prepared to respond and work outside of normal office hours on occasions. The job will require some travel within the region.
Applicants who do not meet these requirements will not be short-listed for interview
Closing date for receipt of applications is by 23:59 UK time on Monday 05th October 2015. It is essential that candidates use the application form provided on our website. The British Council does not accept CVs in place of the completed application form and it is unable to respond to telephone enquiries.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.