Swisscontact Indonesia – Senior Monitoring and Result Measurement Manager
Swisscontact promotes economic, social and ecological development by supporting people to successfully integrate into local commercial life. Swisscontact creates opportunities for people to improve their living conditions as a result of their own efforts. The focus of its systemic intervention in the private sector is the strengthening of local and global value chains. Through its projects, Swisscontact works to enable access to professional training, promotes local entrepreneurship, creates access to local financial service providers and supports the efficient use of resources with the goal of successfully promoting employment and income generation. Based in Zurich, Swisscontact is active in 27 countries and has some 800 employees.
SCPP is a large Public Private Partnership Development Program in Indonesia which has started in January 2012. The Program is financed by the Swiss Secretariat for Economic Affairs SECO, the Sustainable Trade Initiative IDH, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, International Fund for Agricultural Developmen (IFAD), the Millenium Challenge Account Indonesia (MCA-I), and leading Private Companies from the cocoa sector including ADM Cocoa, BT Cocoa, Barry Callebaut, Cargill, Ecom, Mars, Mondeléz, and Nestlé. The Program works between 2012 – 2018 directly with 90,000 cocoa farming households in 29 within 6 Indonesian Provinces to improve farm productivity, environmental, and livelihood conditions.
For our Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) in Indonesia, we are looking for a:
Senior Monitoring and Result Measurement Manager
Employment start : July/August 2015
Contract Duration : Annual basis, which can be extended upon agreement
Place of Duty : Jakarta, Indonesia, with frequent travel to Sulawesi and Sumatra
The Senior Monitoring and Results Measurement (MRM) Manager is responsible for leading the MRM team to design, monitor, measure, and report targets and their achievements in coordination with the Program Implementing team.
The Sr. MRM Manager is part of the Core Leadership Team (CLT) of the Sustainable Cocoa Production Program (SCPP) and is expected to actively participate in regular meetings steering/leading the Program. He/She is also actively involved in M&E related SCPP network activities.
Task, Authority, and Responsibility
- Responsible for coordinating with Program Implementation Partners to ensure that delivery of all MRM data and information from Program target areas are on time and accurate;
- Responsible for ensuring that the Program MRM database system is providing appropriate and accurate data for Program MRM and reporting activities;
- Responsible for compiling, analysing and preparing relevant data and information for bi-annual reports to Program donors and implementation partners;
- Development of and responsibility in delivering high quality periodical reports for Program Donors and Implementing Partners as per individual agreements;
- Responsible for guiding Program and MRM Staff in the preparation of monitoring plans, supervising of surveys and research, processing the result of the surveys and identification of required actions for the follow up;
- Identify bottlenecks and challenges with MRM implementation in the Program and analysis for discussion with the Sr. Program Managers;
- Identifying and trialling innovative approaches in monitoring, evaluation result measurement, and adaptive management learning system;
- Ensure that the MRM Staff is empowered for data integrity and proper maintenance of the CocoaTrace farm and program management software which includes:
· Data collection tools and forms for Baseline and Post-Line surveys, in collaboration with the MRM and Regional Program Managers;
· Establish and continuously review SOP for the data collection and evaluation processes;
· Beneficiary documentation, including the filling system and GIS mapping
- Oversee the data collection, data cleaning, and data analysis processes in collaboration with MRM Staff and the Senior Program Managers to meet reporting deadlines and provide evidence for the achievement of KPIs and Program targets;
- Support Program partners with MRM implementation and advice;
- Regularly appraise the MRM Staff and provide feedback and support to enable them to do their jobs better;
- Prepare the necessary documentation and materials needed for staff development workshops for Program staff and partners.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Program’s goals;
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Swisscontact Code of Conduct;
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Superior.
Communication, Supervision, and Reporting
- Coordinate regularly with Sr. Program Managers, Regional Program Managers, Program Officers and District Program Staff to ensure that the MRM team are aware of Program Implementation plans and activities; and to ensure that they are aware of on-going progress towards MRM and Program targets and its achievement;
- Provide regular reports to the Program Implementation team in coordination with the Head of Program Implementation and the Program Director;
- The Senior MRM Manager is directly supervised by the Head of Program Implementation.
- Higher education: master’s degree in economics, statistics, business management, or any other related studies, or similar education level;
- Used to work and live in highly dynamic and sometimes challenging environments;
- Commercial mind-set with ability to bring in innovation and creativity;
- A professional with a strong target achievement orientation;
- Strong, respectful leadership skills and experience in coordinating and managing Program teams;
- Strong organizational, planning, management skills and experience working in inter-cultural teams and environments;
- Strategic thinking and ability to implement strategies accordingly;
- Proven experience in reporting and data analyses;
- Mentoring skills and demonstrated capacity and commitment to staff development;
- Interest in and familiarity with the most recent trends in international development, M&E and MRM, especially related to:
· DCED Standards;
· Supply Chain and Value Chain development;
· Result Chains and Logframe Matrix;
· Mobile and Web based data collection and evaluation tools;
· Statistics and empirical studies;
· Spatial analysis;
· Statistical and empirical studies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Intercultural sensitivity and communication skills;
- Excellent English skills (verbal and written).
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications and experience with your curriculum vitae on July 4th 2015 at the latest to:
Swisscontact-SCPP, Human Resources Unit, The Vida Building, 5th floor, Jl. Raya Perjuangan No. 8, Kebon Jeruk – Jakarta Barat 11530 , Tél. +62 21 2951 0200 , E-mail:email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interviews