Program Officer for GGP Joint Secretariat
Job title: Program Officer for GGP Joint Secretariat
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Start date: As soon as possible
End date: 31st December 2015 (with possibility of extension)
Full-time/part-time: Full time
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is looking to hire a Program Officer for GGP Joint Secretariat.
GGGI is an international organization dedicated to pioneering and diffusing a new model of economic growth, known as “green growth”. This simultaneously targets key aspects of economic performance, such as poverty reduction, job creation, social inclusion and those of environmental sustainability such as mitigation of climate change and strengthening the resilience of natural capital and ecosystem services. GGGI’s approach is particularly suited to developing countries because it starts from broad-based progress in living standards and growth. Since 2013, GGGI has worked in close collaboration with the Government of Indonesia in the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program (GGP).
BAPPENAS is GGGI’s key government counterpart in Indonesia and the co-host of the GoI-GGGI Green Growth Program. This relationship led to the establishment of a joint secretariat and steering committee under a ministerial decree. Continued engagement with BAPPENAS is needed to strengthen the capacity of the joint secretariat in providing efficient technical and programmatic support to the program.
Role of the Program Officer
The program officer (PO) for the GGP joint secretariat will provide and coordinate support for the GGP joint secretariat and ensure that it functions as an effective coordination mechanism and to further the goals of the program. The PO will serve multiple functions, including communications and outreach, office and program management, preparation and management of workshops and other program events, and the recording and reporting of such events.
The PO will have a dual reporting line to BAPPENAS, and GGGI’s Green Growth Specialist & Knowledge Manager. On a day-to-day basis he/she will primarily serve the Green Growth Program-related needs of BAPPENAS. As a member of a small but diverse program team, the PO will have multiple responsibilities and will need to be flexible and responsive to sometimes rapidly changing needs and tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Represent the GGP as a cooperative endeavor of GoI and GGGI by maintaining an active and visible presence in and around the joint secretariat office and at program events.
2. Ensure that the joint secretariat is a center point of program-related material and knowledge dissemination.
3. Support BAPPENAS to manage a GGP webpage on the BAPPENAS website
4. Support the preparation and management of workshops and other program events
5. Support development of reports to the GGP Steering Committee
· University education, or equivalent professional experience.
· At least 5 years of relevant professional experience, including a good working knowledge of government relations and communications.
· Experience in website management and other communications and outreach, including social media.
· Experience in one or more fields related to green growth, including (but not limited to) environment, energy, infrastructure, or economic development.
· Proven ability to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written Indonesian.
· Proven ability to work in a pro-active way, independently and deliver quality results requiring minimal supervision
· Working fluency in in English.
· A sociable and outgoing character would be an asset
This is a 5 months contract with the potential of extension. The successful candidate will have prior experience supporting multiple people, work well under pressure and have a flexible approach to working. This is a great opportunity to be a key part of GGGI’s global team during this formative phase and beyond.
To submit your application please send your CV with a brief cover letter to: email@example.com by 31 June 2015.