Kedutaan Besar Inggris – Recruitment For Trade and Investment Officer August 2016
The following job information comes from one of the embassies of the UK, namely:The British Embassy in Jakarta is part of a world-wide network of 230 posts, representing British political, defence, economic, trade, and consular interests around the world.We are currently looking to recruit a Second Cities and Transparency Officer in the Embassy’s Prosperity and Economic Team, which leads Embassy work on economic, trade and investment and business conditions, and work on science and innovation, energy and transparency.We develop and support external projects that help us in this work.
We also collaborate closely with other parts of the Embassy, British Council and the British Chamber of Commerce on trade and investment, education and climate change.
Trade and Investment Officer – Jakarta
- The British Embassy in Jakarta is part of a world-wide network of 230 Diplomatic Posts, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. Department for International Trade is the British Government’s world-leading trade and investment promotion organisation. Our role is to help UK businesses succeed in overseas markets and attract high quality investment to the UK.
- Provide administration and research support to Line Manager, particularly for work on trade and investment issues.
- Provide administrative support for meetings and events, including trade mission, workshop, conference, senior official and high-level Ministerial visit.
- Undertake sectoral and company research work on trade and investment and other related issues to identify business opportunities from Government, public, and private business.
- Record and update information about companies and sectors, including key documents such as action plans, fact sheets, and standard briefs. Provide briefing as necessary for the Embassy, UKTI London, companies, senior officials, and visiting VIPs.
- Advertise identified business opportunities to UK audience through targeted marketing channels. Work with the UKTI / Embassy marketing teams to disseminate information to Indonesian and UK stakeholders through a range of media. Occasionally represent Line Manager at external meetings, seminars and so on, and prepare short reports on the meetings.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree plus relevant work experience, ideally in another Embassy, international organisation or private company.
- Strong written and oral communication ability in Indonesian and English to provide oral and written briefings, produce meeting notes, undertake regular email and phone-based communications.
- Excellent administration, organisational, and IT skills along with good attention to detail.
- Flexibility, resilience under pressure, with a proven track record of delivering results to a high standard under tight time scales.
- Evidence of self-motivation, professionalism, and the ability to prioritise against competing and challenging tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people of different levels and backgrounds.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Familiarity with the UK is not required, but could be an advantage.
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Engaging Internationally, Demonstrating Resilience
- 31 August 2016
Starting Monthly Salary
- IDR 7,320,299
- 1 October 2016
- 30 September 2018
Other Benefits and Conditions of Employment
- This position is offered on a 2 year fixed term contract.
- The British Embassy offers a competitive remuneration package including:
- Starting monthly gross salary of IDR 7,320,299
- Annual leave entitlement of 25 days per year
- Medical benefit (medical insurance)
- Access to extensive learning and development opportunities
For further information, please refer official source from Pertamina on following link below.
If you meet the above requirements, Closing date 30 Agustus 2016.All applications are appreciated and will be treated confidentially.Only qualified, short-listed applicants will be invited for furthers process.