GIZ Internship : Intern for SED-TVET Project
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. Its corporate objective is to improve people’s living conditions on a sustainable basis. GIZ has been working in Indonesia since 1975 on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The Sustainable Economic Development through Technical and Vocational Education and Training Program (SED-TVET) is a joint effort of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (implemented by GIZ), the Ministry of Culture and Elementary and Secondary Education, the Ministry of Manpower, the Ministry of Industry and Bappenas. It aims at improving the employability of manpower in selected regions of Indonesia. Activities touch on a wide range of issues covering 4 intervention areas: 1) “Training Institutes Excellence” to support 23 selected TVET institutes; 2) “Innovation for private sector cooperation” to facilitate measures to enhance the participation of the business sector in TVET development and delivery; 3) “Regulatory Improvement” to support the implementation and monitoring of local regulations to improve the management of TVET on local level; 4) “Quality assurance and certification” to advise on scaling up of the use of vocational qualifications in the tourism sectors and related guidelines as well as to support the development and piloting of an accreditation system for training providers in the tourism sector.
The SED-TVET Project is looking for a LOCAL INTERN to deliver :
The intern will support (1) the overall programme management with a particular focus on the preparation of the Indonesian contribution to the regional TVET conference in Laos and (2) the implementation of activities in the field of activity (FoA) Innovation for private sector cooperation.
- The intern supports all regular activities of the above described areas in achieving the related objectives and indicators.
- The intern will responsibly under supervision of the deputy programme director manage the Indonesian contribution and participation to the regional TVET conference
- The intern is assisting programme initiatives to provide professional advisory services to and cooperate with a broad range of target groups and stakeholders on programme level and within the FoA Innovation for private sector cooperation.
- He/she supports internal and external communication of the project in close cooperation with the communication officer and the programme management
- She/ He contributes to innovation and knowledge management.
The intern performs the following tasks:
Support to programme management
Support to regular reporting towards partners
Support to developing and updating marketing materials
Support for preparing and implementing events and workshops
2. Preparing the Indonesian contribution for the regional TVET conference
Drafting of letters, background information and support liaison management with the partner towards the conference organizers in Laos
Compile information and support the preparation of inputs from SED TVET team members and partners
Support to contributions (e.g. papers, presentations) and participation of partners
Support to logistical arrangements
3. Support to the field of activity private sector cooperation
- Assists in providing advisory services in preparing background research, documents like presentations, briefing papers or terms of reference
- Participates in discussions and prepares conceptual inputs
- Support to implementation of activities in liaising with partner TVET institutes, organizing workshops, preparation of materials etc.
- Supports monitoring and evaluation of cooperation measures
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Bachelor/BSc or in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives (e.g. social science, pedagogy, education, economics etc.)
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent written and oral knowledge of the English language is a must
Interested candidates shall submit comprehensive resume to email@example.com before 03 August 2015; Please put : Internship as your email subject.