Capacity Building Manager – FHI 360 Indonesia
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Capacity Building Manager.
FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Capacity Building Manager for the upcoming USAID/Indonesia BERSAMA Gender-based Violence Eastern Indonesia project. The purpose of this project will be to reduce gender-based violence in targeted districts in Eastern Indonesia by generating demand for more and better services to combat GBV. Illustrative activities could include capacity building of NGOs and women’s groups to better advocate for services; increasing the awareness of the problem of GBV in Eastern Indonesia, and improving the ability of CSOs and legal providers to assist victims of GBV.
The Capacity Building Manager will be responsible for developing the capacity of CSOs and local stakeholders to move effectively advocate for services to combat GBV and improve overall organizational sustainability and leadership. S/he will design and provide a comprehensive package of capacity development activities that support the technical and institutional development of partners on this project. FHI 360 anticipates that the Capacity Building Manager will be based in Jayapura, Papua but with project-funded travel to other parts of Papua and Jakarta, Indonesia. This position is contingent on project funding.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
· Deliver all capacity development-related activities for partner NGOs and their networks in diverse areas of organizational development (leadership and management, financial management, human resources management, partner relations, communications, monitoring and evaluation, grant management, technology utilization and others).
· Work closely with selected local partners to ensure adequate capacity is built in various areas of the program.
· Develop materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other methodologies.
· Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity development support provided to the partners.
· Ensure integration of organizational capacity development with other technical support the project will provide to partners.
· Lead in program monitoring, evaluating, learning and periodic reporting related to capacity building.
· Coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of activities planning, monitoring, and implementation.
· Contribute to the development of annual workplans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of program reports.
- Degree (post-graduate or higher) in relevant subject with strong grounding in quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Knowledge of statistical methods required;
- At least – 5-8 years working experience (although ten years is preferred) including:
- Five (5) years prior experience leading monitoring and evaluation research teams in large international programs; and
- Five (5) years prior experience conducting quantitative and qualitative research in field-based positions.
- Fluency in Bahasa and English required.
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online through FHI 360’s Career Portal at https://jobs-fhi360.icims.com/jobs/15929/capacity-building-manager/job or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.